Search Engine Submission FAQs Improve rankings how to submit and how to improve rankings, html optimization techniques.
Do search engines read images? If not, what can I do to fix this? Answer: Search engines cannot read or index image files. You must use the Alt (alternative text) tag in your HTML code. 2. List the three most important things I can do to improve my web site positioning on search engines.
Answer: There really is no short answer – but if you were to limit yourself to three options, the most important ones would be Keyword popularity
•Link popularity – the more web pages linking to your site, the easier it is for search engines to find and index your web pages and the better for your rank position.
3. Why are the title tags important?
Answer: The <title> tag within your HTML code is a considerable factor that search engines use to determine a page’s contextual relevance. It also appears as the title for your site on many search engines. Use it wisely to attract attention to your search engine listing.
4. I’ve submitted my site to the search engines 2 weeks ago but I still do not see a listing? Why is this? Also, how long should I wait until I resubmit?
Answer: You must be patient. Remember search engines and directories obtain thousands of submissions a day. The waiting period after submission is normally 6 – 8 weeks. Do not submit numerous times during this 6-8 week period as you will be “Spamming” the search engines and could be penalized. If you have already waited 6-8 weeks, resubmitted and still see no improvement or results, consider the options in answer 7 or Contact Search Engine Positioning to help you.
5. Do search engines read frames? If not, what can I do to fix this?
Answer: Many search engines are not frame compliant and may not be able to navigate and index your site past the first page if your site does not have a non-frames option. The way to do this is to use a <noframes> tag within your HTML code.
6. I’ve submitted my site to the search engines numerous times with no results. What do you suggest?
Search Engine Submission
- Improve your site’s content offering.
- Consider paid submission such as bidding for keywords on Google Adwords.
- Implement grassroots approaches to driving traffic to your web site. Browse the Publicize section of our web site for more information.
- Start establishing link popularity through reciprocal linkages.
- Advertise or purchase keywords on search engines if your marketing budget allows.
- Take a look at the source code of sites that rank highly against your relevant keywords and find out what they are doing right!
- Search Engine Submission